There is Hope
At Pregnancy Options Miami, we know that the grief and loss that a person may feel after an abortion is seldom acknowledged and can even be repressed or denied. It may have been many years since you had your abortion. However, the sense of loss and guilt may still weigh heavy on your heart. You are not alone.
Emotional Side Effects of Abortion
Have you ever wondered what life could look like if you were set free from the guilt, shame, pain or sadness you may be experiencing because of a past decision? You might be exhibiting symptoms of emotional or psychological stress related to your abortion, like:
- Self-destructive behaviors
- Psychological numbing
- Difficulty bonding
- Suicidal thoughts or feelings
Who is likely to experience emotional side effects following an abortion?
There are some women more likely to experience these side effects, like:
- Those who were pressured into having an abortion
- Individuals with a moral opposition to abortion
- Individuals with religious beliefs that conflict with abortion
- Those who have had past emotional or psychological concerns
- Those who obtained abortions later in life
- Those who obtained abortions because of genetic or fetal abnormalities
While these individuals may be more prone, it is possible for anyone to experience the previously mentioned emotional side effects.
There is a Path to Healing
You are not alone. If you’ve been through an abortion and you need help or support, Pregnancy Options Miami is here for you. We are willing and able to help anyone who needs support after an abortion, whether it is several weeks or years later. Our Care Coordinators are supportive, non-judgmental, and truly care about your recovery. Don’t wait for it to go away.
Contact Pregnancy Options Miami to receive post-abortion care today.